www.gpope.com

How does a Realtor Price my home for the market?

One of the things I do to help arrive at the appropriate listing price, is to go out and take a look at the current market. This is called a Competitive Market Analysis. Although most realtors can do this, I like to do it a little bit differently. I want to know what your current competition is on the market now. I also want to know what is currently pending in escrow, and what has sold in the last six months. Once your home is in escrow, there will be an appraisal on your property. The appraiser will be looking at what are called the "Sold Comparables." I'm not only looking at the comparables, but I'm also looking at the listing price and contacting the agents to find out if there were any large repairs or seller credits towards non recurring closing costs. I do this because there can be a difference between the publically recorded sales price and what was negotiated during the transaction.

I hope this has been helpful and please feel free to email me with any questions. If you’d like an answer over the phone, I can do that too. 925-389-0618.

Greg Pope
pope5555@hotmail.com
http://www.gpope.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment